Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Using hand sanitizer before entering your home
Only touching essential items while in your home
Washing my hands before leaving
Please have PAPER TOWELS AND HAND SOAP available near a sink
March 11, 2020
Ruff Ruff Ruff meow is taking Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) seriously. I will do all I can to prevent the spread of the virus and keep both myself and my clients safe.
How Does COVID-19 Spread?
It is thought the infection spreads mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Can I Get COVID-19 by Touching an Infected Surface?
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but is not the main way the virus spreads.
Common signs of infection include:
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
In more severe cases, the disease can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent this illness is to avoid exposure to this virus. However, it is recommended to take precautionary actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Can COVID-19 be Transmitted to My Pets?
Hong Kong authorizes have confirmed that one dog does appear to have a low-grade infection from coronavirus and that it is likely from a human transmitting it to the dog.
Ruff Ruff Ruff meow is Doing its Part to Stop the Spreading of COVID-19.
I will have disinfecting wipes, Lysol spray and hand sanitizer with me when I come to your home. I will disinfect hard surfaces such as; door knobs, countertops, faucets, light switches, etc., that I will be in contact with before and after each visit. Upon your return home, I suggest you disinfect as well.
Should I begin to show any signs of illness I will contact you right away and will stay home until I have fully recovered.
Cancelling Service Due to COVID-19
If you need to cancel due to COVID-19, please let me know sooner rather than later, and if you suspect someone in your home or your pet may be ill, please cancel any services you have booked.
Before You Leave Town
Before your departure, you should have a long-term pet care plan in place in the event you are delayed.
Please have a family member, close friend or neighbor on call to provide pet care to your pet in the event I become ill.
Check with me that I have your current emergency contacts on file.
If pet care needs to be extended you must contact me immediately. There is no guarantee that I will be able to continue service beyond the original agreed upon end date of service.