Advantages of Having a Professional Pet Sitter
- Your pet remains in the comfort of home without the stress and risk of illness from contact with other pets.
- You don’t have to impose on a friend, neighbor or relative.
- You can rely on a capable and caring pet care professional who will put your pet’s needs first.
- Care is provided for many types of pets: dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbits and many more.
- Pets can maintain their regular diet and daily routine.
- Pets receive personalized loving attention and care.
- The anxiety of being transported and the inconvenience of dropping off and picking up is eliminated.
- You can travel with peace of mind knowing your pets and home are in reliable caring hands.
- Medications and shots may be able to be administered by an experienced pet care provider at no additional charge.
- You can request services such as plant watering, filling outdoor bird feeder, or taking trash out on trash day.
- Daily activities such as gathering mail and changing lights can make your home more secure and prevent crimes.
- The incredible growth of in-home pet care industry is evidence of its effectiveness.
- Many clients of a professional pet sitter or dog walker are repeat customers often entrusting their pet’s care to the sitter over the years, even relying on their help when they are planning a move.
Thinking of hiring a family member, neighbor or a child to care for your pets?
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider hiring a professional:
- A pet sitter’s sole priority is taking care of your pet and giving you the best possible service, whereas a friend, family member or neighbor will have other commitments such as work, school, family events etc.
- A friend or neighbor may forget to take care of your pet because it is not in their normal routine to do so.
- They may unexpectedly get called into work.
- Professional pet sitters are insured in case something happens.
- Pet sitters generally have more experience with a more wide variety of pet-related situations and will be prepared to handle anything that may happen.
- Many pet sitters are pet first aid certified so they know how to handle pet medical emergencies that your friends or neighbors might not know how to handle.
Pet sitting is not the perfect solution for all dogs, and I would be the first one to suggest that your younger canine companion, for instance, try their hand at a boarding facility before pet sitting, or if you have a dog that is a known escape artist then, in that case, boarding may be a better fit. But, in reality, I’m sure in your pets’ minds the perfect solution is just for you to stay home!
Ruff Ruff Ruff meow a Reno Pet Sitter is licensed and insured.